As a southern girl I have a deep love for biscuits! They are so versatile and can be served with jam for a sweet treat or cheese and an egg for a savory snack.
Making gluten free biscuits is not nearly as hard as you may think and these easy drop biscuits reduce much of the time and effort you would spend rolling out and cutting the dough. Great for the lazy or hungry baker that just wants to eat now!
Even so, they remind me of lazy Sunday mornings at home in SC.
Gluten Free Drop Biscuits
Easy as Sunday morning, at least in the south. Israel doesn't have Sundays.
- 2 cups all purpose gf flour
- 2 1/2 tsp. Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp. Sugar
- 1/2 cup chilled butter diced For vegans you can use coconut oil
- 1 1/4 cup rice milk or butter milk
- Preheat the oven to 180 c.
- Mix the dry ingredients together until combined.
- With your hands, combine the dry ingredients with the butter- it will become crumby and clumpy. Once it’s clumpy, add in the milk slowly mixing with a fork.
- Drop batter onto a lined pan by the spoonfuls. Bake for 15 mins or until golden on top.
I added brown sugar, honey, and cinnamon to half of mine. You can pour a simple powdered sugar and milk icing over them and you have lazy baker cinnamon buns!
Looking for other delicious bready recipes? Try these!