Crispy eggplant, zucchini, and cauliflower were a staple in my house growing up! We loved using breadcrumbs and parmesan to make vegetables tastier. My mom and I can(and often still do) sit down and eat an entire pan of gluten free crispy eggplant.
Crispy Eggplant (Gluten Free)
A Peasch friendly appetizer sure to please even the pickiest of eaters! Crispy, healthy-ish, and so easy to make.
Servings: 20 pieces
- 2 large eggplants peeled and thinly slices could also swap for zucchini if you prefer
- 2 eggs whipped for egg wash
- 1 cup of gluten free matzoh meal (or bread crumbs if it isn't pesach) make your own by blending matzot
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Optional: add 1/3 cup of shredded Parmesan to the matzoh meal for extra yummyness.
- Cut off the ends of the eggplants and peel them. I usually leave a little bit of the peel but if you keep the entire peel it’s a bit chewy.
- Slice them into thing round slices and lay them out on a tray. Sprinkle salt on them and let them sit for about 15 mins to let them dry out.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs to make an egg wash.
- In another bowl, combine the matzoh meal with the spices.
- Heat the oven to 180 c/ 375 f.
- Dip each piece into the egg and then cover them in matzoh meal.
- Place them on a baking sheet and bake for approx. 20-30 minutes or until golden on both sides. (Flip them halfway through)
Best served with homemade marinara sauce for dipping