Gluten Free Dairy Free Quinoa Black Bean Burgers
Bet you’ve probably realized already that its MUCH cheaper- and tastier- to make your own veggie burgers at home. If you haven’t, now you know!
Black Bean Quinoa Burgers
Gluten and dairy free!
- 1 can black beans mashed
- 1 cup raw quinoa
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 1/3 cup rice flour
- 1 tbsp gluten free soup mix or seasonings that you love
- 1 stalk of green onion chopped
- 1/2 large red pepper diced
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp tumeric
- 2 tsp garlic
- To start, boil the raw quinoa in a pot of water with the soup mix or if you prefer, vegetable stock.
- While the quinoa boils, chop your veggies and combine them with smashed black beans.
- Add the mix with two eggs, flour, and spices.
- Once the quinoa is cooked, combine it with the rest of the ingredients.
- Heat a skillet with olive oil and drop the batter by the large spoonful onto the pan.
- Fry until golden (approx. 3 mins) and then flip and fry again for another 3-5 mins.
- Enjoy atop a bed of lettuce, on a GF bun, or with smashed avocado and a fried egg.