I love Hamantaschen, but sometimes the same three fillings get boring! Impress your friends and mix it up with these delicious Spinach & Feta Hamantaschen!
1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter room temperature
1/3 c sugar
2 eggs (1 for dough, another for egg wash)
1 tsp garlic
2 1/4 c gluten-free flour I used almond flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 package of spinach
1 package of feta cheese (goat cheese is also great!)
1. Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
2. Add in the egg, garlic, and salt- mix until incorporated.
3. Add in the flour slowly and mix until fully integrated.
4. Knead the dough into a ball and place in fridge for 2 hours. Make sure the dough is a bit wet- if it’s too dry it will crumble. Add in a bit of oil if the dough is crumbly.
5. While dough is in the fridge, roughly chop your spinach. If your feta is in a block- it’s best to crumble it.
6. Take the dough out of the fridge and roll it out with a rolling pin till it’s a quarter of an inch thick.
7. Use a cookie cutter of the top of a mason jar to cut out small circles, take any access and re-knead it and reroll it out.
8. Take a pinch of spinach and place it in the center of your dough circle. Sprinkle some cheese on top.
9. Fold the dough into a triangle by folding each of the sides in and pinching the corners.
10. Brush on egg wash.
11. Bake at 350 f or 180 c for 20 mins.
12. Let cool and enjoy!