Candy Bar Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies (Gluten Free)
These aren’t just any gluten free cookies! They are stuffed with candy and the size of your face. A perfect treat for you grad or someone celebrating a birthday!
You can totally use whatever candy bar you have at home or whatever you are craving. Alternativley, you can stuff these cookies with m & ms or Hershey kisses too! If you don’t have a candy you want to use but you still want to make some fun cookies, try these!
Candy Bar Stuffed Chocoalte Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tbsp milk or soy milk
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 1/3 cup gluten free baking flour check to make sure it includes xanthum gum
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocoalte chunks/chips
- 6 squares of your favorite candy bar about 1 inch squares
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- Combine the baking flour, buckwheat flour, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl.
- Melt the butter on the stove until it just starts to brown.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sugar, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla.
- Add the melted butte to the sugar mix.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and combine until a slightly sticky dough forms. You want the dought to be a tiny tiny bit sticky but still workable. If it is too sticky, put it in the fridge for 1/2 hour.
- Add in the chocolate chips/chunks.
- Pinch the dough closed into a ball, adding a bit more dough if you need to fully cover the chocolate bar.
- Place the dough ball on a baking mat and separate the dough by about an inch as they will spread.
- Bake the cookies on 180 C for about 20-25 minutes or until the top starts to brown.
This recipe was inspired originally by the amazing gluten free cookie recipe from Meaningful Eats! Check the original recipe out here.