Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Breakfast Brownies (Gluten Free/ Vegan)
So, these were originally supposed to be brownies but they turned out much less sweet than I was expected and I realized they make the perfect on the go breakfast! Paired with my morning cup of Joe this is the perfect way to start my morning of sweet, but not too sweet.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Breakfast Brownies
- 1/2 cup gf all purpose flour or oat flour
- 2/3 cup gf oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or coconut oil softened
- 3/4 cup milk or milk alternative
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup Peanut butter
- Cream together butter, sugar and vanilla.
- In a second bowl mix flour, oats, cocoa powder baking powder, and salt.
- Pour milk into the bowl of flours and mix until combined. Add in the butter sugar mixture.
- Scoop the mixture into a pan and using a fork swirl peanut butter into the mixture.
- Bake on 350 F for 30-40 minutes or until you can stick a fork in the brownie and it comes out clean.
- Optional icing: Once cool, top with a mixture of 1/2 cup peanut, 1 tbsp honey, and 1/4 cup milk.