One of my favorite Pesach foods was always those cans of gluten free coconut macaroons. They do exist in Israel but I find that they don’t taste quite the same and are often expensive!
These quick to make (and devour) coconut macaroons are a great way to fill the void and taste delicious year round!
Gluten free, kosher for passover and made without the uneccessary sugary condensed milk! (These also contain minimal eggs for those of you in a shortage like me. #pesach2020)
- 150 grams of shredded coconut (approx 2 cups)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 egg whites
- *Butter for the pan
- Preheat the oven to 350 or 180.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the egg whites, vanilla, and sugar.
- Add in the coconut and flour and mix until well combined. A ball should form.
- Roll into small balls and place on a buttered baking sheet.
- Bake for about 20 mins or until the top just starts to brown.
Optional: Melt chocolate and dip each cooled macaroon into it for an added bit of yumminess! You could then drizzle them with nuts, sprinkles or extra shredded coconut for a it of flare.
Find more Passover friendly recipes by searching Passover in my search bar! My favorite? These sweet potato gnocchi!