Bubby’s Amaretto Apple Bundt Cake
My Bubby is known in our family for her bundt cakes- my favorites being the amaretto and wine flavors, of course. This year for Rosh Hashanah I decided to adapt her recipe to make it gluten free and parve!
For anyone who doesn’t know, amaretto is a sweet liquor with a strong almond flavor which makes for decadent desserts!
Ingredients: (makes two small cakes)
- 260 grams butter (I used half margerine and half coconut oil)
- 300 grams gluten free all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 tbsp. amaretto
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 1/3 cup milk of choice
- 2 small apples finely chopped
- 1 cup slivered almonds toasted
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup milk of choice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp amaretto
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Combine the all purpose flour, almond flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the sugars, butter, milk, vanilla extract, almond extract, and amaretto. Add in the eggs one at a time and mix until smooth.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients.
- Add in the apples, finely chopped.
- Pour the batter into your silicon bundt pan and bake for 50 minutes.
- When the cake is done- allow it to cool while you make the topping by combining the sugar, amaretto, Honey, and milk. Place in the fridge to thicken a bit.
- Once the cake is cool, pour the glaze over top and sprinkle on the toasted almonds.
- Place flowers in the hole of the cake (if that is your thing) and enjoy!