This giant stuffed chocolate truffle is a showstopper at any dinner party, chag meal, or party! I made it last year for Rosh Hashana and people are still talking about it. Who doesn’t love massive amount of chocolate stuffed with deliciousness? Did I mention its also kosher for Passover?
Giant Chocolate Truffle
Tbh, I stole this idea from Tasty but their version was a bit much a required 12 chocolate bars. I scaled the recipe back to 4 chocolate bars but you could double it or even triple it if you want!
- 225 ml Heavy whipping cream
- 4 Dark chocolate bars
- 1 Pomegranate You could also use strawberries, or caramel, or other filling of choice.
- Cocoa powder for dusting
- Finely chop your chocolate and put it into a glass bowl. Set aside.
- Line a small glass bowl with plastic wrap, leaving extra on all side to cover the top of the ball you are about to form.
- Create the ganache by warming the cream in a saucepan and place over medium heat. Continue to heat it until its just simmering.
- Pour the simmering cream on top of the chocolate that you chopped and set aside.
- Mix the chocolate and cream until all the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth. Then set the ganacha aside to cool. (you can speed this up by putting it in the fridge)
- Once the ganache is cool, to the point where it is stiff and scoopable, scoop half of it into the bottom of the bowl.
- Create a crater in the chocolate and fill it with pomegranate seeds (or caramel, peanut butter, really any flavor you want.)
- Scoop the rest of the ganache over top and cover it in plastic wrap.
- Mold the truffle into a ball and leave to set in the fridge.
- Pull out a little bit (15 mins) before you want to eat it and dust the truffle with cocoa powder. Enjoy!
Looking for something baked? Try these blondies!