Tachina Stuffed Chocolate Covered Dates
I was recently at a seudah shlishit when I saw these delicious chocolate covered dates on the table. I bit into the date and was pleasantly surprised to find out it was stuffed with tachina- a heavenly combination. I didn’t have the original recipe so I played around with them and came up with this easy, delicious dessert.
1 box of dates
1/2 cup tachina
1/4 cup water
2 tbsp silan
1 dark chocolate bar (I recommend 70-80% dark)
Salt / sesame / chopped nuts / other toppings of choice
1. Slice the dates open but be sure not to cut them all the way in half.
2. Remove the pits.
3. Mix the tachina, silan, and water.
4. Fill each date with the tachina mixture and place onto a plate.
5. Stick the plate in the freezer and wait about 20-30 minutes until the filling sets.
6. Chop the chocolate, I prefer a bitter chocolate to balance the sweetness of the date. Melt in in a double boiler or the microwave.
7. Take the dates and roll them in the chocolate. You can leave them plain or sprinkle on sesame seeds, salt, or another topping of choice.
8. Place back in the freezer for the chocolate to harden- about 15-20 minutes or more.